|All the latest general news about Neocron 2 from ReaKKtor.|
Written by nEo1664
Saturday, 23 March 2013
Tonight has seen the latest patch onto the Titan retail server, patch Retail#181!
- Fixed several exploits
- Used an approach similar to splines to smooth interpolation
- Several further tweaks to the interpolation
- Fixed rubberband bug
- Fixed hacknet mobs not dealing damage
- Fixed parsing of default options for several NPCs
- Fixed a buffer overflow when updating world actors
- Raised Neocron's bandwidth limitations
- Fixed several reasons for invisible damage
- Fixed an error which lead to items dropping from the trade window back into the player's inventory
- Music should now play independent of the windows compatibility mode setting
- The damage of beam weapons should now be calculated correctly
- Fixed beams not showing on several weapons
- Added the techlevel of the item to construct to blueprints
- Law enforced players are now buffable by non law enforced players, but not vice versa!
- The existing speed cap has been adjusted so speed tapers off more dramatically at higher livels of agility and athletics. Players with extreme speed setups will see a reduction of speed.
Check out the patch discussion here
Written by Brammers
Monday, 11 February 2013
Last week, Patch 179 was released, followed by patch 180 to address some stability issues introduced. You can discuss the patch here
- Reworked netcode (see known issues)
- Window mode now supports very high resolutions as well (numbers must be multiples of two)
- Fixed a number of exploits and critical security issues
- Fixed a number of bad world data causes
- Fixed an issue with the loginserver
- Fixed a number of gameserver crashes
- Fixed incorrect team money distribution
- Team money distribution is now calculated at once instead of receiving all money first, then paying a share to teammates
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs to retreat from combat
- NPCs now use a line of sight for targeting that is comparable to that of player characters
- Fixed drones not launching in a number of situations
- Reduced wait time between drone launches, in case a launch failed
- Appartment passwords may now contain the ' char
- Account passwords may now contain the chars . and #
- Slightly tweaked/increased overall performance
- High level Plasma Pistols can now be obtained from the Canyon Smuggler.
- Misc. smaller fixes
- Netcode/Clipping: The reworked netcode is much more accurate than any previous version. While this is great in many ways and will reward good movement in PvP, it also introduces a problem: With player movement not being the soft pulp it used to be, the uncapped Evol 2.2 runspeeds can now make it very difficult to keep lock on your target. We feel that it may be benefitial for PvP to tone down ultra fast runspeeds even before we get to the greater balancing. Of course, we appreciate constructive feedback regarding the matter and will continue to observe how things pan out on retail.
- Server stability: The patch introduced a number of new issues of which we have contained many, but not all. Naturally, a fix for the known issues will be provided at the soonest possibility.
Written by Brammers
Tuesday, 15 January 2013
A hotfix Patch 178 was released yesterday. This fixes a few issues found in the 177 patch.
- Fixed several server side crashes
- Fixed a problem with the patcher
- TL92 Pulselaser Pistol is back in stock
- Staff Sergeant Van Dyk moved
- Turrets in Energy Core 2 now shoot back
Discussion on the patch continues in this thread.
Written by Brammers
Friday, 11 January 2013
Patch 177 got released a few days ago. Apologies for being late with the news, but we got excited about the new MC5 changes!
- Fixed a number of exploits
- Fixed a number of server and client crashes
- Fixed a bug that could lead to damaged chardata
- Interpolation fix redone from the ground up
- Fixed an issue preventing players from activating Gene Replicators inside apartments
- Fixed GenRep costs for Crahn, Black Dragon, Tsunami Syndicate, Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian HQs to reflect their post-DoY locations.
- Fixed the combat rank of droners being lower than expected in certain cases
- Fixed drone AoE damage, LEd droners now damage themselves as well as their drones
- Fixed Fallen Angels CityCom missions
- Fixed the CR being too low when changing zones inside a vehicle
- Fixed CR being too high inside hacknet
- Fixed the respawn behaviour of several container types (containers spawning quest items, e.g. Grim's ID cube, as well as hacknet code fragments)
- Fixed the buy/sell window covertly resetting the amount to a value of 1 when clicking buy/sell. Now it properly retains the previous value
- Fixed item count not corresponding with the entered amount when moving stacks of items
- Significantly increased rare part drop chances for Warbots and a number of related techmobs.
- Overhaul of H14 and the H14 Command Unit
- Replanted several trees in J 04
- Fixed several floating objects in H 15 and fixed the hole in the fence near MC5
- Arrested the thief of the sign post in the newbie Area MC5 and returned the sign safely to its home
- New vendors have moved into Battle Dome
- Female vendors now have the correct skin
- Outzone Sewer Sec-1 now uses the correct world
- Added Outzone and Pepper Park apartment key smuggler to Pepper Park Sec-1
- Black Dragon contacts have been sighted outside of the Pussy Club
- Fixed a number of gameworld bugs and missing objects in Via Rosso Sectors 1, 2 and 3.
- Fixed a number of gameworld bugs and missing objects in Pepper Park Sectors 1, 2 and 3 including the Crahn Church
- The Snack-A-Tack shop in Pepper Park Sec-3 went out of business
- Removed OOC advertisment in Pepper Park Sec-1 and Via Rosso Sec-2
- Sometimes after zoning the screen becomes grey/blue/whatever, to fix it press alt+e twice
You can discuss the patch here on the official forums .
Written by nEo1664
Saturday, 29 December 2012
Well hopefully you have all have a Merry Christmas, and are looking forward to a Happy New Year celebration!
Despite this holiday season, the Neocron Support Team have still been hard at work.
The IRC server has now changed, from irc.neocron.info over to the new domain for both the forums, the micro-site, and IRC server.
If you use the online web-chat from the Neocron Forums, then this will be updated accordingly. If you use your own IRC client, then you will need to update your server to: irc.neocron-game.com
The channels are the same, so hop onto the new IRC server, and join #neocron channel!
In other news, the team have also released on the PTS Patch #177, and there is a pretty good rumour that work into the next retail patch is also under way!
Stay tuned for more info soon(tm)!
|<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>|
|Results 10 - 18 of 104|