Items DB V2 Gold released
Written by Brammers
Sunday, 25 September 2016
Items DB V2 has left beta and and gone gold. We would like to thank our users for testing the beta and all the feedback.
The THN Items DB is one the biggest and most used sites for Neocron since 2006. Although it works well, some of the code and design is quite old. So a few years ago, a new design was laid down to allow the Item DB to expand with some of the upcoming changes in Neocron. Including
- All items are versions - so you can see the history of what has changed for an item.
- Users are now able to submit updates and new items to the DB.
- The admins have the ability to add new attributes to the system. So the admins can now add new data types (eg Cabs in apartments) without patching.
- A lot of the old data was cleaned up, and some missing data restored.
- Some new data available to add and view on items, Smuggler item details, ammo clip sizes, and charges.
- The CSS, JS and HTML has been re-worked to work better with modern browsers.
- The full change log can be found here.
The development process does not end here. Development for Version 2.1 has started to add item views so you can see a full extensive list of rares, FSM items and other useful features.
And were is the Items DB? Just follow the usual links, or click here.