The skill system in Neocron is easy to learn. There are five main attributes and several corresponding subskills. If you gain a level in an attribute, you receive 5 points you can distribute among the subskills that belong to the attribute. The main skills are defined in this page as Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Constitution, and PSI Power. Attributes are defined as subskills of a stat, such as Transport which is a subskill of Strength.The distribution of points is as follows:
You get 5 points for every level you gain in a particular stat.
Every level from 1-50 in an attribute costs 1 point to trade it up one level.
Every level from 51-75 in an attribute costs 2 points to trade up one level.
Every level from 76-100 in an attribute costs 3 points to trade up one level.
Every level from 101+ in an attribute costs 5 points to trade up one level.
Keep this in mind when you're trying to calculate out your stats.
Wisdom of Ceres Skills (aka "Overcapping")
Wisdom of Ceres Strength Level 1
There are 4 WoC skills, STR, DEX, INT and PSI.
The Tank can learn STR WoC.
The Spy can choose bewteen DEX and INT WoC.
The PSI Monk can choose between PSI and INT WoC.
The PE can choose between DEX and STR WoC.
All classes except the PE need 160M XP to reach lvl 100 in their main stats. To gather enough XP to get the first WoC level, they need an additional 100M XP. For the next WoC level, they need another 150M (so 160+100+150 for WoC level 2, see chart below). Please note that your main stats will not rise! When you reach the XP amount that would be required for lvl 101, 102, 103 etc., nothing special happens, you don't get any additional skill points.
Now PEs are a special case as they do have lower skill caps. Just like the other classes, they also need 260M XP to reach the first WoC level, 150M more for the next level etc.
There is no need to visit the WoC Savants to remove the XP cap. You only need to talk to them once you have the 260M XP required for the first WoC level, 2M credits, a Ceres Disk and the epic of your faction completed. If you fulfill all the requirements, the Savant will then give you the WoC skill.
The WoC skills themselves grant no skill points to distribute. They currently function solely as requirement to use items.
Official Guide info: The skill Intelligence governs the skills requiring a certain amount of brainpower. Intelligence is of great importance for PSI Monks, Hackers, Constructors and similar professions.
• HACKING - The main skill of the Hacker. Security systems, doors - with a high level in this subskill, disabling security systems is no problem. The level of Hacking determines the number of charges you can use while hacking, as well as the difficulty of the system.
• BARTER - Runners with this subskill get better prices from the many NPC vendors in Neocron. This affects both selling and buying items of all kinds. Intelligence also affects the prices somewhat.
• PSI USE - This subskill describes how well you can use all kinds of PSI modules. It influences the efficiency (damage, healing...) of PSI modules and has a small influence on the amount of a character's PSI energy.
• WEAPON LORE - The subskill Weapon Lore determines how well a character can use the potential of his weapons. It affects precision, aiming speed, range and damage of ranged weapons.
• CONSTRUCTION - This is the fundamental skill for Runners wanting to produce items. The higher the level of this subskill, the better the quality of the produced items (depending on the tech level of the item). A higher skill level also speeds up the construction process and reduces the odds of a failure. Dexterity and Intelligence also affect building items.
• RESEARCH - Through this subskill, the Researcher analyzes items and creates blueprints. He can then sell the blueprints of these items to players or keep them for his own usage. The difficulty of the research process depends on the tech level of the item to be researched. A higher level in the subskill and Intelligence reduce the duration of the process and the chance of failure.
• IMPLANT - Skilled Implanters are valuable in Neocron. Only they possess the skills required to correctly insert implants into the human body. A high level in this subskill speeds up the implantation process.
• WILLPOWER - Willpower is important for Droners, as it influences damage and range of the drones.
Official Guide info: This skill is particularly important for combat and the ability to carry heavy loads.
• MELEE COMBAT - The subskill Melee Combat determines the melee abilities and damage of a character in close combat with melee weapons like knives and swords. A higher skill level improves the values of damage and swinging frequency.
• HEAVY COMBAT - To use heavy weapons like cannons and flame throwers, a certain level in this subskill is required, depending on the strength of the weapon. A higher skill level improves the values of damage, range, firing frequency and aiming.
• TRANSPORT - This subskill determines the maximal weight a character can carry. This value is displayed in the inventory window, as well as the remaining capacity. The closer a Runner gets to his maximal capacity, the slower he will move. Strength also has an influence on the carrying capacity.
• RESIST FORCE - This subskill influences the resistance of a character to damage against shockwaves, like those caused by explosions.
Official Guide info: Constituion is equally important for all Runners. The Subskills mostly affect the health and resistance of a character.
• ATHLETICS - This subskill affects the running speed and jumping height of a Runner, as well as the stamina consumption.
• BODY HEALTH - The subskill Body Health determines the number of health points a character has. If his health drops to zero, he dies and has to be resurrected at a Gene Replicator, which temporarily reduces his efficiency (Synaptic Impairment). The number of health points is also affected by Constitution.
• ENDURANCE - The number of stamina points is determined by this subskill. A Runner with a high level of Endurance is capable of running longer distance. If his stamina drops to 5 or below, he won't be able to run anymore and can only move slowly. As soon as his stamina regenerates to 20 and above, he can run again. The number of stamina points is also affected by Constitution.
• RESIST FIRE - This subskill adds to a characters resistance against fire attacks.
• RESIST ENERGY - This subskill adds to a characters resistance against energy attacks.
• RESIST X-RAY - This subskill adds to a characters resistance against X-Ray attacks.
• RESIST POISON - This subskill adds to a characters resistance against poison attacks.
Official Guide info: This skill governs subskills requiring a certain amount of aptness, ranging from handling different weapon systems and controlling vehicles to using drones.
• PISTOL COMBAT - The subskill Pistol Combat reflects the ability to handle the small, manageable and mostly cheap pistols in Neocron. The better the pistol, the higher the level of the subskill has to be. By right-clicking the pistol and selecting "Show info/", you can see the level of Pistol Combat required to use that pistol. A higher skill level improves the values of damage, range, firing frequency and aiming.
• RIFLE COMBAT - Rifles in Neocron excel in the areas of range and often damage. The subskill Rifle Combat reflects the ability to handle rifles. The better the rifle, the higher the level of the subskill has to be. By right-clicking the rifle and selecting "Show info/", you can see the level of Rifle Combat required to use that rifle. A higher skill level improves the values of damage, range, firing frequency and aiming.
• HIGHTECH COMBAT - To use a highly technological weapon like the Fusion Cannon or Plasma Rifle, you need an appropriate level in the subskill Hightech Combat. By right-clicking the weapon and selecting "Show info/", you can see the level of Hightech Combat required to use that weapon. This subskill has no effect on the performance values of a weapon.
• VEHICLE USE - This subskill determines the ability of a character to drive the different vehicles in Neocron, ranging from a simple Hoverbike to a heavily armored tank. While a rather low skill level is enough to drive the Hoverbikes, you have to invest quite a lot to be able to drive a tank.
• AGILITY - The subskill Agility influences your attack speed with melee weapons as well as running speed and jumping height.
• REPAIR - Most items in Neocron can be damaged or degrade through usage. The Repair subskill allows Runners in possession of a Repair Tool to fix damaged items. T be able to successfully repair an item, you need a Repair subskill level at least equal to half the tech level of the item to be repaired. The higher the level of Repair, the faster the repairing process. There will also be more condition repaired in one run and the maximal condition decreases less. Dexterity and Intelligence also affect repairing.
• RECYCLE - With the help of a Recycling Tool, this subskill allows to turn of junk of all kinds into ammunition, chemicals or metals. A high subskill level makes the recycling process faster; Dexterity also influences the speed somewhat.
• REMOTE CONTROL - The subskill Remote Control is used to control drones. Drones can be used for recon, but also for combat. Like with other weapons, you need a certain level in this subskill to be able to use a drone of a given type or model. By right-clicking the drone and selecting "Show info/", you can see the level of Remote Control required to use that drone. A higher skill level improves the values of damage, range, firing frequency and aiming.
Official Guide info: Psychic Power is the main attribute for PSI Monks. Without it, they wouldn't be able to use their mighty PSI modules. The PSI modules are separated into aggressive and passive modules.
• PASSIVE PSI USE - A character training this subskill can use passive PSI modules. An example of the simplest modules is the Heal module, which allows Runners to heal wounds. With passive PSI modules, Runners can influence the abilities of other Runners, both in good and bad ways. A passive PSI Monk is a welcome addition to any team, as he can protect his team members and weaken their enemies. This subskill influences the efficiency of passive PSI modules.
• AGRESSIVE PSI USE - Contrary to Passive PSI Use, this subskill is only used for attack modules. These range from simple fireballs and poison attacks to mighty energy lances. This subskill allows a runner to use aggressive PSI modules and influences their efficiency.
• MENTAL STEADINESS - To be able to use a PSI module, one requires a certain amount of Mental Steadiness. Each module requires a certain level in this subskill, depending on the strength of the module.
• PSI POWER - The subskill PSI Power determines the maximal amount of PSI energy a character has. The usage of modules requires a certain amount of PSI energy, based on the strength of the module. PSI energy replenishes over time, the amount of energy regenerated in a certain time depends on the maximal amount of energy.
• RESIST PSI - This subskill adds to a character's resistance against PSI damage.